Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fairy Art .... Altered Art Light

In my opinion "Altered Art" is when you take something the original creator considers finished and artistically alter it to your personal style. Sometimes you can give an existing piece new life giving it a totally different use and sometimes you can give it new life with the same use. I love mixed media pieces too but they are not Altered Art if you the original creator.

Ok... so my piece for this weeks Mixed Media Monday is an "Altered Art" fairy lamp.

My dear friend Carolyn Summers knows how I love fairies and she saw this little fairy at a recycle sale she knew it was perfect for me .... Thank you so much Carolyn. When she gave it to me we talked a little about how to fix a couple of little flaws and I said I would come up with something :)) Finally I did!
Before
I wanted to use this in my bedroom so I started by using some wood stain on the dress and wings to make it fit into the color scheme I have there. Then I used alcohol ink on the wings and sealed it with a clear matt finish. I then tea dyed one of those shabby chic white rose sheets and tore little strips gluing them on to fashion a little dress for her. Some of the petals on the daffodils had been chipped so I covered them all with moss and added some tiny paper roses. I totally love her now and she looks so beautiful in my bedroom!!

After

20 comments:

Yvonne said...

Soooo beautiful, Inka!

Sarah said...

What an amazing transformation, Inka...and for the better, too. Her dress adds so much softness and movement.

Carolyn said...

Oh Inka, I knew you could do something with her. I loved her beautiful face and just look what you have done by adding a new dress and a beautiful assortment of flowers. I'm so glad you could find a home for her. She definitely didn't fit in mine.

Elaine A said...

Just gorgeous Inka! What a beautiful job you've done in renovating this little sweetie!

Elaine Allen

Kalyber said...

what a wonderful makeover you've given her. Just beautiful.

Donna said...

I love her transformation, beautiful job!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

pure enchantment inka!!

Kristin said...

Oh Inka, this is just wonderful - full of life and light - I love it, xo

Jan said...

gorgeous!!

Sue said...

Inka, I love the colours you have used. Beautiful!

Sue

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

You did a great job. She's awesome!

BelleSouth said...

oooooo I like your altered one so much better!

Enjoy!

Rebecca

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, how fantastic, the alteration of the fairies is wonderful, great eye catchers.

1CardCreator said...

Wow, what a gorgeous transition! ~Diane

Fabric Art said...

Inka you have given your fairy a wonderful makeover, she is so beautiful.
Anni

Emakesart said...

wow. good job transforming her! she looks so much prettier.

Esther

Diane said...

Oh, how gorgeous is that! Love it, Inka!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Inka, this is beautiful!! Well done!

LuLu♥

Lorraine said...

wow you have done a great job here..I always think you look very fairy like

Netty said...

gorgeous x