Thursday, February 26, 2009
My friend Joanne Wardel sent me a blank matchbook book she had made to decorate. If you click on her name it will take you to her blog where she has a great tutorial on how to make them …she ingeniously hides the staples so be sure to check it out.
Anyway it is quite a bit bigger than a real matchbook. The pages were just the right height for the ATC size frames on my new collage sheet but it was too wide…. being the butcher that I am, I got out my xacto knife and cut it a little narrower. Thank goodness she had left the staples in from the edge just enough. I am still getting this ageing thing down so I tried a bit of everything …lol.
I started by stippling the entire thing, then I drizzled ink on it. It still did not look to old so I took the sandpaper to it and roughed it up with the edge of a serrated knife. Better but not quite so next I used some gray, brown and black chalk. Once I had that done I cut the little frames out and placed an acetate window in each. Then came the fun stuff, I added cut out collage images, stamped and embellished to my hearts content :))