Saturday, February 27, 2010

Flower Fever :o

Literally! I think I mentioned that I had been a little under the weather ...yep I think it was flower fever. I am better now but I felt so bad I did not feel like doing anything but sitting in bed and watching TV....well that got old real quick! so I sat in bed, watched TV and made flowers.... Now I have a pile of fabric flowers that I have to figure out what to do with : / but aren't they pretty!

 

I put pin backs on some and sent them to friends. I think I might decorate some tee shirts and jeans with them too. They are so easy and I thought you might like to make some too!

 

I just folded a square of fabric in quarters, folded the top square section back to form a point, folded the bottom square section the same way so the whole thing was folded to a point. Then cut the top into a petal shape, unfold and you have a flower shape. Scrunch it in the center and tack it in place by hand. Do this in several sizes and layer them up. I did the same with a nylon sheer fabric and alternated the layers. I think it really made a difference.

 




8 comments:

Elaine A said...

Inka -

Sorry you are still feeling under the weather. These flowers are gorgeous and very oportune. I just cut up some old jeans and have a stack of fabric. I can make flowers!

Feel better.

Elaine Allen

peggy gatto said...

I just love what you created!!!!!
Thanks for the how to!
Get well!!!

Carolyn said...

Three times is the norm and I hope it works for me. I have posted a comment twice previously and keep getting an error message.

Inka, your floral pins are much more elegant than appear in the photos. Adding sheer fabric along with the denim really makes a difference.

Hope you are much better today.

Sue said...

What a simple way to make a very divine looking flower!

I hope you feel 100% soon!

Sue:)

Cynthia (Cindy) Powell said...

Inka-You always amaze me with your wonderful ideas and your thoughtfulness. Thank you for sharing your how-to with us-these fabric flowers are the perfect embellishment for a light spring sweater.

Lori said...

Very pretty!

Lorraine said...

these flowers look great..hope you are feeling better now and thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this even though you were sick. These are really nice. I really want to get into making flowers from cloth, all different kinds. Thanks again!