Thursday, January 17, 2013

Studio Update

I am not quite ready to show the entire studio redo but I thought I would share a few pictures.

As much as I love my new-old sewing trunk, the sewing space is a little cramped. For everyday sewing and mending it is fine but for those time I need a larger surface it sucked. So we picked up this old sewing machine cabinet on Craigeslist and removed the sewing machine and turned it into a sewing table. Here is a picture of the before.



and then the after...




The top folds over for even more work surface and since this picture was taken I bought one of those little pads so your cell phone wont slip off the dash of your car and placed it on the treadle for my foot peddle...worked great :) 


Then my printer was a big problem. It is a professional version color laser so it was large and just doesn't fit the theme of the room. So we bought an old Victrola cabinet for it. I forgot to take a before picture but here is the after picture. 


   
 And then... check out what I scored on Craigeslist this week! Yep... a whole bunch of vintage locker baskets! I am an organizational freak and now I am going to have things more organized than I have ever had them before :))


10 comments:

bobbie said...

A woman after my own heart (vis a vis organization)!!
I can't wait to see more ~

Ann said...

Great finds, looks like you will be busy getting organized, that's a good thing.

Junibears said...

My goodness, you do find some wonderful things. And when you see the 'after' photo it's just amazing! xx

laura said...

Totally jealous here of the locker baskets! I too am an orgnaization freak and I am drooling over them!

CuddlyBunny said...

Lovely pieces all, and I'm with Laura ... SO jealous of those baskets!

They actually remind me of the bins we used as kids to hold our shoes and change for snow cones while swimming at the Twin Falls City Pool.

Nacreous Alchemy said...

That Victrola cabinet is amazing! Your studio is gorgeous. :)

Gaby Bee said...

Gorgeous finds!!!

Have a lovely day!
Gaby

Carolyn said...

Your creative mind has been working overtime. You can envision something workable from someone's discard. I did wonder about the sewing trunk area and now you have a solution. You won't believe this but I have been purging and tossing and organizing for over a week. It never ends but I do have a goal in sight. More of your organizational skills would work for me.

Tea in the Library said...

So nice to see what you've been up to!

Unknown said...

Your blog reminds me of many things.Keep up your glorious work