Monday, October 22, 2007

My 58 House





Not my 58th , it is my first photo house. But this photo is of my mom and dad in 1958. Inspired by several artist work, I wanted to create a hallway wall with all the little houses of my family’s life and history. The curlies are chipboard. In real life the chip board curlies do really look like metal. I would love to share the technique with you, if only I knew it. My son provided me with two bottles of his secret rust. I painted on the some of the contents from the first bottle and it looks rust colored. Then when that was dry, I painted on some of the contents of the second bottle. It bumps up and gets flaky and dark in spots and it really looks real rusted metal. Then just for fun I brushed my copper ink pad over that. I just updated the photo. Some of you may remember that I did not feel it was finished. After a few days of thought, I added a keyhole and a little key fringe. I created the fringe by adding eyelets with little keys hanging from it. Although it doesn't look as good on the scanner bed as it does hanging, I think you can get the idea .

9 comments:

Linda SS said...

What a fun idea to create these cute houses for a family hallway!

Pattyjo said...

Owwww...I like that! Are the curley designs on your mom & dads anniversary picture chipboard or did you cut them out yourself?? That is really awesome and it would be fun to do something like that for my parents, except I would have to talk them out of some pictures. LOL

Gayle Page-Robak said...

You did a fantastic job in creating your house art, Inka....I am anxious to try this. I love the theme you have chosen as well. Hugs, Gayle.

Linda Cain said...

Inka,
Both your sites are wonderful!! And I wouldn't change a thing on your house. It's great! I am one who has to stamp background on everything only to add depth. The chipboard is amazing. I LOVE it!
Linda

Moonwillow said...

I love them! now I want to try it! Bad GIRL! lol maybe soon as I am done with some other projects. Thanks for the inspiration!

joanne wardle said...

I love the rust effect.
what a lovely idea to create all the houses!

purplepaint said...

Oh this is too cool! Love it! Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comments. :) Marva

Carolyn said...

Inka, your 58 HOUSE is fantastic. What a tribute to your parents and a fun piece to adorn your wall. Can't wait for more of your houses.

Carolyn

---MARILYN DAMSCHEN--- said...

Wow, how nice to see a piece of truly unique art. Such a fresh approach! LOVE that key fringe!