Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Gentleman In Every Way ... MMM Buttons

This week over at Mixed Media Monday the theme is buttons. I know it is suppose to be Mixed Media Monday but I can never seem to get things done by Monday so I am always late. I just don't work that fast. By time the theme is announced it takes me a few days to get my artwork done.... but here are my buttons!This is truly a noble effort ... another piece for my bathroom. I started with a smashed leather toiletry case.

The poem in the mirror reads

A gentleman in every way,
His sparkling eyes do smile.
His cloths are always sure to be
In just the latest style

 

The watch case features fabric with news and map print that has been dirtied up with a little rust, a brass leaf branch, a top hat from a monopoly set, a brass harmonica charm, a rusty spring topped with a brass treble cliff and the typewritter of "H" for Heaton.



Yep ... that is my hubby in the rusted picture frame... a much younger version I must admit. He is much older and rustier himself now :))


21 comments:

Netty said...

Wow its fabulous, x

Gayle Page-Robak said...

You have a knack for finding the most interesting and unusual items for your art pieces, Inka. This is a prime example. Such an excellent project with all the special touches that you always seem to add for that lovely effect. Even your husband looks vintage, and handsome too. Great piece.

Vicki Romaine said...

Wow! I really like these Inka especially the last one even though it has YOUR husband's picture. I could easily put mine it it (hint, hint :))

johanna said...

wonderful assemblage! great manly artpiece!

Hermine said...

Absolutely gorgeous

My Creative House said...

WOW Inka what a fantastic frame, love all the differents rusty things in it, wonderful work.
Anni

Deann said...

Late or not it was well worth the wait...fantastic piece I could look at it all day it's amazing...wonderful artwork Inka.

Sarah said...

You have given new life to an otherwise worn out shaving kit. This is a fabulous creation with great attention to detail. That watch case is so full of interesting goodies. Wonderful work, Inka!

Yvonne said...

May be a little later, but well worth the wait, Inka! Gorgeous piece.

Oxana said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! Simply gorgeous!!!
Have a nice weekend!

Kristin said...

This is absolutely stunning. I love everything about it - What wonderful work - an incredible inspiration! xo

BelleSouth said...

Superb!!

Rusty is good, even on husbands! :)

Rebecca

Halle said...

Fantastic piece!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, a fantastic take on this theme.

Sue said...

LOVE this!!! I want it for my bathroom! You have such an amazing talent at putting these assemblages together.

Sue:)

Sanja said...

Gorgeous rust assemblage!

Lorraine said...

excellent piece Inka

NANCY LEFKO said...

wonderful piece...very impressive!

Diane said...

Stunning work as always, Inka! By the way, the challenges are only posted on Monday - you have all week to post your piece!

2amscrapper said...

This is so amazing! I love everything about it!

Martha said...

OMG, I'm in love! This is the most amazing piece. I wish I could see it up close and in person. Lucky you to have made it and to live with it. Thank you for sharing it with us!