Sunday, March 15, 2009

Charms, charms and more charms :)

These are a few sets of charms that I did for a charm swap in one of the yahoo groups I belong to. My categories were fabric, metal and found objects. The fabric ones are sewn houses that I stamped with newsprint. Then I did a fabric transfer of a little fairy and cut her out and the jewel flowers are fingernail charms. I used the Omni Gel medium for the first time and I have to say it came out clearer than any other transfer medium I have tired. Sometimes I want the tattered look but sometimes I do want it clear as for this project. The little house charms measure about an inch high.



I tried to do metal etching for the metals category but it was an dismal failure : / I will have to have more practice for that. I ended up using store bought blanks that I put embossed foil on one side. The other side has vintage text from an old book and a metal letter on top of that. The text I used is a foreign language to me, I used it because the text was small and I liked the look of it. I have been told that it is not offensive and I sure hope so. It was used as an artistic element and not intend to imply anything :)


For my found objects charms I used tiny hinges and made a tablet from the same book that the text for the metal charms came from so again... I don't know what they say :)) They measure also not quite an inch high.

14 comments:

joanne wardle said...

they are all fabulous. there's something about those hinge charms that really appeal to me.

Kathy Eddy said...

love these Inka! They are so cool! Kathy E.

Sarah said...

What a great idea to use those little hinges for tablet charms. Very clever usage. All of your charms are "charming"!

Lynn Stevens said...

these all came 0ut great, I like the metal ones too!!

Moni said...

They are beautiful! Love them! Hugs, Moni

Tami Roth said...

These are awesome-I love the mini metal book charms, Inka!!
Tami

Pat said...

I love these charms! Imagine using little hinges...your imagination is awesome.

Pattyjo said...

I LOVE your charms!
Pattyjo

StampinCathy said...

What awesome charms. I just love these. The are just so little and cute.

postal orphan said...

Ohmigosh - those hinge charms are just too cute! I love that idea.

Anonymous said...

That is really cute. I am sure that I will come acoss them and will have to keep one for myself! Love being swap hostess! Belinda

AlteredByMe said...

Inka I love your book charms! I wish I would have seen them before I made my own charms for the swap. Boo Hoo I did not join in on the found object theme.

arlene

ghanes said...

Love your Hinge Book Charms. Clever idea!

Mystic Rose said...

Wow! How could these get any better????