Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Eyes Wide Open...

 

 This week the theme at Gothic Arches is Openings. I think this theme could go in so many directions and I can't wait to blog surf the list and see what everyone has come up with. For mine, I think my title says it all ... I started with the large face stamp from Scroll Works but I only stamped the eyes. Then I chalked the skin tone and added feathers at the top. A piece of a broken necklace made the headdress and a heart shaped gold paper doily for the collar. Some ribbon and beaded trim finished it off.

6 comments:

Effie said...

What a great idea... though she did make me jump!

Dragon said...

Woo hoo!!! what a different take on the theme!!! You are right about the directions one could take, and that was my motivation for choosing it!!! I LOVE what you have done here, it's just so different. Thanks so much for playing along at Gothic Arches this week
Frankie
xx

Faye said...

Inka, this is fantastic and so gorgeous! It's probably the most creative arch I've ever seen. Love your interpretation.

Netty said...

Inka, this is great. Love it. Annette x

toni said...

Inka.... this is great, love your take on the theme... that's how I like to approach my art... "eye wide open"... isn't it neat when you can use parts of parts to make something... just love your work. :)

Carole said...

WOW this is wonderful :)