Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Steampunk Gothic Arch Necklace

 

This is for the open theme at Gothic Arches again I am a little slow this week. I am still having trouble with my teeth... it has been an ordeal because I have TMJ from a car accident so badly that is slows the amount of time the dentist can work in my mouth.... anyway enough excuses :)) This was hard for me because I have always been such a neat and clean solderer. For this I needed to muddy that up :)) I also aged it by adding a layer of mica for the top layer instead of glass. The back is glass and it has a layer of antique newspaper. I suppose it could be worn backwards but the rhinestone would be upside down. The little side oval pieces have antique tatted lace between glass. I used the free printable that I offered a while back so if you scroll down to past posts you can grab it.

13 comments:

Carolyn said...

Very cool, Inka. So sorry you are still not your best...dental work is the pits.

Netty said...

This is a fabulous piece. Love it. Annette x

Faye said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. I have TMJ too and have gotten bad about wearing my appliance. I need to get back into the habit. Your soldering is awesome.

SHAWN said...

I love this piece! Beautifully done and the little pieces of tatted lace are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Gosh! This is gorgeous indeed and I love your MMM vintage labels, too. Looking at your blog I can see that you are very talented.

Thanks for stopping by :)

lindacreates said...

How beautiful! I am very impressed. The tatted lace is a nice touch.
Very lovely.

Lorraine said...

this is superb..I have yet to master soldering as mine is all over the place..Hope your feeling better soon..dental work is not nice at the best of times

Lynn Stevens said...

Hey Inka!!!! I can't believe I havent been over for awhile. I do hope your teeth are feeling better.We sure missed you last week!!!!
This is AWESOME. You know how much I Love Steampunk and your jewelry. Now off to see more!
Hugs Lynn

Tami said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love the vintage worn look!!
Hugs,
Tami

Rika said...

This is gorgeous!

Craftyideas said...

Gorgeous necklace. Love it.

Gaby Bee said...

This necklace is absolutely stunning!
LOVE it!

Regina Moore said...

AWESOME piece! I LOVE it!