Saturday, August 28, 2010

Eye Candies from the Artistic Souls

I have lots to share today! Once again we had our monthly meeting of the Artistic Souls of Eagle Idaho :) What a treat it was to visit with such special friends! Barb made the most wonderful lunch and then we snacked on goodies as we created the eye candies that I am sharing today!

I will start with my challenge this month, now I brought these with me to the meeting.... I was to make ATC's from a Magenta's Charming Little Girls stamp. The looked like little windows so of course I had to give them a house. I covered the chipboard houses with real antique papers that I took from an antique ledger paper available at my little etsy store. Then I used wavy copper tape for the roof and a copper metal file tag for the window. Of course I have to age everything...lol so I used some aging solution to darken the copper. The rest of the stamps... florals and wording are from Scroll Works. Oh and that reminds me ... you really should visit there. She has a new steampunk sheet of rubber stamps due in any day... but she has them on her website. I had to order every one... lol.

Then we all brought a shoe box with a project... so the cards to follow I made but they were projects brought by members of the Artistic Souls.
 


My shoe box project was this cute little ATC ... It was done by coating real score sheets from Word Yahtzee with watered down paint then stamping and adding the letters from a travel scrabble game. The crown is from my hats sheet at my etsy store



This is the shoe box project brought by Judy Johnson ... Don't you just love that! She had just taken a Tim Holts class and shared the distress ink technique. That is how the background was done. The stamps I used are script and outlined leaf are from Hero Arts The oak and maple leaf are from Rubber Stampede
 


This one is the shoe box project brought by Barb Crowell... our fearless leader :)) Her card came out much better than mine. However I don't have a picture of her beautiful card so you will have to settle for my crooked version. We stamped velum with the fern leaf from Stampin up then it was sliced and woven ... mine was straight then I messed with it and got it all crooked : / anyway ... then we stamped the crane from Judikins cut it out and applied it to the front. I just love the serene feeling of this card!
Carolyn Summers brought this fun little daisy punch card. The stamp in the center is from Scroll Works.




Then this is the project Merine Heberger brought. The stamp is poppies from Hero Arts We stamps red on red cardstock and then brown on a cream card stock to create this beauty!




7 comments:

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Sounds like you have a lot of fun at those gatherings.
I am adoring your little houses!
How little are they? They look like they could be worn as pins on a coat.
The little girl picture is too cute!
Thanks for sharing it.

Vicki Romaine said...

I love your little houses. They are really cute. I like the detail and thanks for making us aware of the ledger and newspaper download.

Lorraine said...

some lovely oriental cards here and I love your top picture with all the little ones..the printable reminds me of shirley temple..thanks Inka

Lynn Stevens said...

looks like you ladies had a wonderful time! Your atc houses are adorable as are all the projects you all did!
Theres nothing like getting together to play!

Anonymous said...

We had a blast at Artistic Souls. Inka's ATC is cute on the blog, but fabulous in my hand! Thank you Inka!

-Barb Crowell

Crowing Moon said...

everything looks awesome....
beautifully creative

Kim B said...

Oh I bet you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week.