Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Seeing Red...Not :))

I am seeing red as is everyone this week over at Mixed Media Monday. I can't wait to go blog hoping and see the red everyone else has been seeing too. I hated missing the challenge last week but I had company and just could not get to it :(


My entry is a little book box covered in handmade red paper with an attached bookmark magnet. I sandwiched a piece of roofing tin between the cover paper and the matte board on the lid so the bookmark would cling to the box yet be removable too. The stamps used are from Scroll Works
and if you would like to make one of these little book boxes or maybe a whole library of them, the pattern is available in my etsy store :)


 

I love the way the curve on the faux pages curves to make it look like a real little book!

19 comments:

Netty said...

Hi Inka, I love your red box, inside and out. Terrific. Annette x

Minxy said...

Your box is just delightful

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful book box, and your magnetic bookmark is very clever!

Vicki Romaine said...

What a nice job you did on your book box! I like the idea of the bookmark on top.

BTW thanks for the nice comment on my tag.

peggy gatto said...

Ah, the "little red book", not black book, I like it!!!

johanna said...

your book box looks really gorgeous! what a great idea!

BelleSouth said...

This is just marvelous!! I love it!

vintage wil said...

What a gorgeous box!!!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love your Book Box, Inka! What a treasure chest to gather all your bits and pieces (and the remote, smile) on your coffee or end table! Gorgeous!

Angela said...

How beautiful. Great job!
Angela

Unknown said...

oh wow!!! your creation is beautiful!!! what a great piece!!!

Kim B said...

That is so nice.
:) Smiles

joanne wardle said...

thatt's so clever

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow! This is fantastic! What a great idea and you're very talented.

Charlene Stemen said...

I just found you yesterday-man, am I inspired with all of your art! I have added your button to my blog! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kristin said...

Oh, this is so pretty - and clever - you always come up with such an interesting take on each theme - I love this, Kristin xo

Diane said...

Inka, this is a stunning box!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Your box is just FANTASTIC!!!

Lorraine said...

this is really clever and beautiful with the bookmark magnet idea